Found 1,202 quotes starting with Y:

Skip to:YYAYBYC - YEYF - YHYI - YKYL - YNYO - YQYR - YTYU - YWYX - YZ

Yet we can maintain a free society only if we recognize that in a free society no one can win all the time. No one can have his own way all the time, and no one is right all the time.
– Richard Nixon
Yet, my little Diary, I don't want to die, I still want to live .. I would wait
– Eva Heyman
Yet, taught by time, my heart has learned to glow for other's good, and melt at other's woe.
– Homer
Yield not to evils, but attack all the more boldly.
– Virgil
Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation.
– W.V.O. Quine
Yippies, Hippies, Yahoos, Black Panthers, lions and tigers alike -- I would swap the whole damn zoo for the kind of young Americans I saw in Vietnam.
– Spiro Agnew
yo never know hoe strong you are until being strong is the only choose you have
– Elbert enstine
Yo soy un anima infeliz,Perdida en este mundo atormendo.
I am a miserable spirit lost in this tormented world.

– James A Michener, Iberia
Yoga is anything which reveals or reflects the wholeness that we truly are, and the world is anything that makes us feel that we are fragmented, dissected, cut into pieces and out of tune with ourselves.
– Swami Krishnananda
Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul.
– Amit Ray
You (God) have not only commanded continence, that is, from what things we are to restrain our love, but also justice, that is, on what we are to bestow our love.
– Saint Augustine
You -- poor and obscure, and small and plain as you are -- I entreat to accept me as a husband.
– Charlotte Brontë
You add insult to injury.
– Anonymous
You add insult to injury.
(Injuriae Addis Contumeliam)

– Anonymous
You all know that even when women have full rights, they still remain fatally downtrodden because all housework is left to them. In most cases housework is the most unproductive, the most barbarous and the most arduous work a woman can do. It is exceptionally petty and does not include anything that would in any way promote the development of the woman.
– Vladimir Lenin
You always admire what you really don't understand.
– Roosevelt, Eleanor
You always have to think for yourself.
– Barbara Ledermann
You always know when Danny (D'Angelo) is coming. You hear him first (because of the Tic Tacs in his pocket) and then you smell him (because he uses way too much cologne!)
– John McNerney
You always pass failure on the way to success.
– Mickey Rooney
You always smile but in your eyes your sorrow shows.
– William Peter Horn
You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
– Herb Cohen
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.
– Ronald Reagan
You appreciate some people most when they deprive you of the pleasure of their company.
– Vikrant Parsai
You are 87% water; the other 13% keeps you from drowning.
– P. E. Morris
You are a child of the Universe, no less than the moon and the stars you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.
– Max Ehrmann

We need you!

Help build the largest human-edited quotes collection on the web!


The Web's Largest Resource for

Famous Quotes & Sayings


A Member Of The STANDS4 Network