Quotes from the news wire:
Today, Lake Turkana gets about 90 % of its water from the SW Ethiopian highlands via the Omo River, and the remaining 10 % from the western Kenyan highlands via the Turkwel and Kerio Rivers. During times past, rainfall in all these areas fluctuated, and Lake Turkana expanded and contracted as weather systems changed.
In a certain sense, these early herders formed the first civilization of Eastern Africa with elaborate individual and community practices. In today's time of climate change and economic instability, we can all take a very important lesson from eastern Africa's first herders : Facing an equally challenging situation, they responded by coming together and strengthening their community.
Share your thoughts on Elisabeth Hildebrand's quotes with the community:
Would you like us to send you a FREE inspiring quote delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this author page to your bibliography:
"Elisabeth Hildebrand Quotes." Quotes.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 24 Sep. 2022. <https://www.quotes.net/authors/Elisabeth+Hildebrand+Quotes>.