|If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?|
– Steven WrightRate it:
|If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.|
– Robert TownsendRate it:
|If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend.|
– Stone Temple PilotsRate it:
|If you should put even a little on a little and should do this often, soon this would become big.|
– HesiodRate it:
|If you shout at home you will bark away from home.|
– Vikrant ParsaiRate it:
|If you show off do not get upset when God doesn't show up.|
– Matshona DhliwayoRate it:
|If you sincerely desire a _truly_ well-rounded education, you must study the extremists, the obscure and "nutty". You need the balance! Your poor brain is already being impregnated with middle-of-the-road crap, twenty-four hours a day, _no matter what_. Network TV, newspapers, radio, magazines at the supermarket... even if you never watch, read, listen, or leave your house, even if you are deaf and blind, the _telepathic pressure alone_ of the uncountable normals surrounding you will insure that you are automatically well- grounded in consensus reality.|
– Rev. Ivan Stang - High Weirdness By MailRate it:
|If you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy float by.|
– Japanese Proverb, Also quoted in the movie Rising SunRate it:
|If you sit down and don't see a fish at the table, the fish is you.|
– Ken FlatonRate it:
|If you sit down at set of sun And count the acts that you have done, And counting find One self-denying deed, one word That eased the heart of him who heard One glance most kind That fell like sunshine where it went- Then you may count that day well spent.|
– George EliotRate it:
|If you sleep under a tree, you can’t prevent the leaf from falling on you.|
– Vikrant ParsaiRate it:
|If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.|
– Andy RooneyRate it:
|If you speak the truth, have a foot in the stirrup.|
– Turkish proverbRate it:
|If you speak the truth, keep a foot in the stirrup.|
– Turkish ProverbRate it:
|If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What’s more, you deserve to be hacked.|
– Richard ClarkeRate it:
|If you spend too much time warming up, you'll miss the race. If you don't warm up at all, you may not finish the race.|
– Grand HeidrichRate it:
|If you stand straight Do not fear a crooked shadow.|
– Chinese ProverbRate it:
|If you start drinking wine before dinner it's National Wine Day, If you start drinking wine before breakfast it's National Wino Day. Only you know what day it is.
– Johnny WowkRate it:
|If you start throwing hedgehogs under me, I shall throw a couple of porcupines under you.|
– Nikita KhrushchevRate it:
|If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed. (on a state visit to China)|
– Prince PhillipRate it:
|If you stay in Beverly Hills too long you become a Mercedes.|
– Robert RedfordRate it:
|If you steal from one author, its plagiarism. If you steal from two, its research.|
– Wilson MiznerRate it:
|If you stop reading and learning, you will start repeating yourself; that's why, old people always repeat the same things!|
– Mehmet Murat ildanRate it:
|If you stop to be kind, you must swerve often from your path.|
– Mary WebbRate it:
|If you strive to become a really good leader, then you should know these Top Ten Differances between "Boss" and "Leader":
1. The boss drives people (nuts); while the leader coaches them.
2. The boss depends upon and survives on authority; the leader on good will.
3. The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm.
4 .The boss always says ‘I’; the leader says ‘we.’
5. The boss says to subordinates ‘Get here on time’; the leader gets there ahead of time.
6. The boss fixes the blame for the breakdown; the leader fixes the breakdown.
7. The boss knows how it is done; the leader shows how it can be done in a better manner.
8. The boss makes work a drudgery; the leader makes work an enjoyable game.
9. The boss says ‘Go’; the leader says ‘Let’s go.’
10. The boss justifies or lays blame – the leader takes responsibilit and accountability.|
– Deodatta V. Shenai-KhatkhateRate it: